• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: What is this in plenum?

What is this in plenum? 10 years 11 months ago #52765

1986 Calif Condo, it appears to be an electronic filter but I'm not familiar with it. If it is an elec filter, do you have to unbolt/unscrew it to service it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What is this in plenum? 10 years 10 months ago #53488

Your photo is taken from a bit odd angle, actually from the top of the unit. The service panel would probably be more in the front of your picture. Yes, this is an EAC (electronic air cleaner), and to service it, normally does not require any "unbolt/unscrew action. The cell, what you see on the photo, could be called "cell nr.2" ! The reason for that is because there is a place for "cell nr. 1", in the front of a picture. Normally, when both are in place, there is a service panel in front of them, so you , if there is a need to access it, would have just to open a panel, and slide out first "cell no.1", and then "cell no 2" . no screws or bolts removed. If they require cleaning , then dish washer is a good place to do so. But, with so much of a dust inside plenum and ducts, I feel free to say that's not gonna help a lot! Those ducts are in need of a good duct cleaning action first.
Regards, Joe HH       

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.